Vision: Empowering children to boldly explore and compassionately interact with their world.
Mission: Our pursuit is to emphasize equality, solidarity, emotional literacy, and exploration of the arts within our classrooms and surrounding community. It is our goal to build on a child’s academic foundation with play-based learning, hands-on experimentation, group discussions and use of local resources as an extension of our classroom environments. UADC is committed to working cooperatively with all families to foster an interwoven community that supports and enriches our shared experiences. We provide individualized, child driven programming and support for families in the heart of Madison.
- Each child is a unique individual with her or his own style of learning and a rich background of experiences.
- Children learn best through hands-on, contextual and interactive experiences within a rich environment.
- Children’s future life success is grounded in social-emotional literacy.
- Children learn healthy ways to express themselves through exploration of the arts.
- Children who have opportunities for unstructured, outdoor play are better able to concentrate, think critically and self-regulate.
- Each individual has a unique and valued perspective.
- Working collaboratively enriches our shared community.
- Compassionate, respectful and honest interactions among adults allows all staff to reach their fullest potential.
- Purposeful and continual professional development ensures a high-quality learning environment year after year.